Tuesday, March 01, 2005

 

Scottish Top 50 - Simply Sensational and Wet

I preferred Simple Minds when they were Johnny and the Self Abusers. I saw them supporting Generation X at West Linton back in the day. Can't stomach their stadium rock nonsense. Here's a good Alex Harvey anecdote from the Apollo memories site (thanks Norman): "SAHB Christmas Show, Alex all low and moody singing 'Framed' 'It wisnae me, I never did nothin'. Glaswegian shouts from audience 'Aye ye did, ya bastard, ye shagged ma sister!'" As for the Wets, let's just pretend they're not there and maybe they'll go away. Nearly finished the countdown now folks. I bet you cannae wait for the top 3 tomorrow.


6. Simple Minds - I Travel
5. Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Delilah
4. Wet Wet Wet - Wishing I Was Lucky
Comments:
Indeed, the first three Simple Minds albums are great. It's a pity they turned themselves into an arena-rock group.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?