Monday, March 21, 2005

 

One Filthy Aphrodisiac

Dot Allison is the exotic genius crooning through this marvellous One Dove track which just sweeps you along in its wake. Meanwhile, the drummer from Goodbye Mr Mackenzie has a brand new outfit called Isa and the Filthy Tongues. This instrumental is the first thing I've heard from them and jolly good it is too. Always good to see the native tongue being employed in song titles, I say. Meanwhile, the electronic catchiness of the Aphrodisiacs continues the hypnotic chunes theme. Marks off for the texty title though. I blame Prince myself.



One Dove - Fallen
Isa and the Filthy Tongues - Nae Tongues
The Aphrodisiacs - If U Want Me
Comments:
Gawd, I loved that One Dove album (one of them was previously in Altered Images was he not?), I think 'White Love' was the killer track though.
 
Aye you're right, Lee. Jim McKinven was indeed in Altered Images.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?