Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

Scottish Top 50 - Goodbye Delgado Engines

This is a sumptious number from the consistently fabtastic Delgados - a criminally neglected act, often championed by John Peel but not enough other folks. Then we have the Fire Engines, who I actually supported in one of my previous incarnations in a band called The Pedestrians at the Cullen Clubrooms in Glenrothes back in the death of the seventies/dawn of the eighties. Candy Skin still sounds great today. I saw the Fire Engines supporting the Magic Band in Edinburgh last year. Twas a quick and quirky 20 minute set. Criminally, lead Fire Engine, Davie Henderson's Nectarine No. 9 don't even get a mention in this top 50. Will remedy this once the countdown's finished. Still not found any Goodbye Mr Mackenzie mp3s. Anyone? The Rattler would be good.

33. Delgados - Come Undone
32. Fire Engines - Candy Skin
31. Goodbye Mr Mackenzie (no mp3)
Comments:
How do Boab,

I've a load of Goodbye Mr Mackenzie MP3's - you could really take your pick. If I knew how to send them to you I would...
Reply with some instructions and we can take it from there. I've a fair collection of Scottish stuff (being from Edinburgh & exiled in NZ) from the Shop Assistants to the Rezillos via One Dove and Botany 5...
 
Cheers my man

Go to the Daily Reckless link on the left there and email the editor (ie. me)If you could attach an mp3 of Goodbye Mr Mackenzie that would be fabbo. Any other Scottish stuff would be much appreciated. Do you have any Bis? If you could make a quick list or something that would be braw. Also, if there's anything you'd want, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

All the best

Tommy (aka Fat Boab)
 
the rattler turns up now and again on most of the p2p networks. i tried for weeks, searching every night for this song, it eventually turned up.... and eventually downloaded complete. eventually!
 
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?